The holidays are one of the worst times to be single. With so many office parties and festivities surrounding Christmas and New Years Eve, it can often be hard not to feel alone when you are surrounded by couples and families. With that in mind, we have compiled a list of tips that will ensure your holiday season is more jolly than depressing. And who knows, perhaps your new found positive attitude will help you land an online date for the year to come.
1. Don’t Put Yourself Down Over Your Status – Remember that just because you’re single, that it doesn’t make you any less valuable than everybody else. People in relationships don’t necessarily have any advantages over you, they are merely at a different stage in their lives. Also keep in mind that having a significant other comes with its own set of challenges.
2. Don’t Be Pessimistic – Keep in mind that you are what you believe. Constantly thinking of yourself as a lonely person who is destined to be alone will only make others perceive you in that same way. In order to get over that bad rep, start believing in yourself and know that just because you lack a plus one, that it doesn’t mean you’ll be that way forever. Give it some time and someone is bound to come along and sweep you off your feet.
3. Give To Receive – Like they say, treat others as you would like to be treated. So if you’re looking for love, be loving yourself. Having a positive attitude and getting into a mindset of being a caring, nurturing person will be your best bet at finding a partner.
4. It’s Only Temporary – Unless you are purposefully setting yourself up to be single, remember that your current status is only temporary. Open your heart to the possibility of entering an online relationship and the rest is bound to come.
5. Be Grateful For What You Already Have – Being single is not the end of the world. Look around and think of all of the good aspects of your life. Your job, family and friends are all factors that tend to be overlooked when sulking over your solo status. It’s never as bad as it seems.